Harman P-61manual, swap out old circuit board for new one

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

missing link

Sep 17, 2008
W.Wareham,Ma
Question is , Is there anything special I should do before installing my new one # 3- 20- 06142 , noticed there is no connection for the micro switch also dipswitch settings all in off (down) except for 5 & 6 which are in up (on ) position on new board , also should the control knobs be turned to any special position when powered up for first time ???? I'm going to refurbish old board with new Pots so i have a spare one.
any info will help thanks, ML;hm

Reactions: Ssyko
Your board should have come with a sheet to set the dip switches for your stove. The microswitch was done away with many years ago

Your board should have come with a sheet to set the dip switches for your stove. The microswitch was done away with many years ago
Hi, I was just going to search why Harman eliminated the micro switch for the stove , guess we'll see how the new board works , installing one when the stove burns out
ML
ps: yes dip switch settings sheet came with new board #5 & #6 on rest off

Oh ya , I'm a little nervous putting new board in seeing how my P-61 is a old one and the new board is a new one ( upgraded ?) version well just got to suck it up and swap it out and see what happens;em

well set new board up triple check everything , plug her in stove on off power it up , all lights come on fans blasting status blinking crazy codes , put to test came on normal couple seconds later went back more fans and codes unplugged unit . Put old board back in everything was fine
Going to contact co. I purchased it from too see if they will help or take return and yes I know it's an electronic piece
ML

My only caution to you would be to physically ground yourself to the stove cabinet before handling the board as static electricity can destroy the board electronics. I'm pretty sure it's dry in your home and dry causes you to be a static generator.

Reactions: missing link
Good luck! Only way i got one returned was never out of the package.

Thank you for the replies , I'm hoping it's dip switch issue. The setting is all off except on for 5&6.
Then I saw another pic earlier Rev had #5 in off , just gonna wait till hear from seller tech
ML
ps: black wire ESP

What color wires go to your ESP, Black or red?

I saw you mention it was an older stove which might have the older style black wires going to the esp, in that case #5 dip switch should also be down I believe.

double check the literature you received though as I could be wrong.

If you have a black wire ESP #5 has to be off. #5 on sets the board up for the newer style red ESP.

If #5 is on with a black ESP it tells the board the exhaust temp is pegged at 540F and it goes into overheat mode

HI , I just finished installing the new circuit board , and yes my dip switch was set incorrectly so I corrected that.
The stove is working great , did a test first performed as should, then fired it up took 7 min. for it to cycle after I lit the pellets.
So happy this worked and our heat source is going to work correctly.
big up's to the members for their input

Reactions: Ssyko and Washed-Up
That is what we are here for!

Hey ,new board in for 2 days now , been running stove mode seems going through pellets faster than normal . Seeing how this is happening I'm going to run room temp and see how stove performs .
I'm at home now retired 12/ 30 / 20 , my total R hip replacement has been postponed due to Covid , now I have the time to sit back and tune the stove
One thing I've noticed in room temp set ay 70 deg. feed at 3.5 the distribution blower stays on a low setting will not turn up or down . One thing , I have got plenty of time to check things
ML .

Reactions: Washed-Up
Yeah, playing around with stove and room temp Modes is a good way to learn the output of your stove. On mine if I want to heat the house up fast, usually first thing in the am, I’ll run it on stove mode, otherwise I leave it on 4 and 4 room temp

Reactions: missing link