harman P series distribution blower.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
hi,
for anyone who has replaced the distribution blower on a harman P 61A or similar,
the original has a rubber vibration mount on it but doesn't come on the replacement blower.
can that mount be transfered to the new blower? [haven't open up the stove rear yet to replace.]
thanks..
T.

hi,
for anyone who has replaced the distribution blower on a harman P 61A or similar,
the original has a rubber vibration mount on it but doesn't come on the replacement blower.
can that mount be transfered to the new blower? [haven't open up the stove rear yet to replace.]
thanks..
T.
Hmmmm, I've yet to see a rubber vibration dampener on a P61, P38 or P43 distribution blower.

Hugh

Hmmmm, I've yet to see a rubber vibration dampener on a P61, P38 or P43 distribution blower.

Hugh
after he pulls out the blower, he shows the damper on the blower he just pulled out at the 7 minute mark.
harman free standing P series.

I do see it in the video, but I have 4 of the P series stoves and have yet to see one on any of them. I believe my newest one is a 2008 model, so maybe they started doing it on later models? If you have one & want to reuse it, go for it. As I recall, the housing shouldn't touch anything to require one, but its been several months since the thorough cleanings, so I may be mistaking.
Let us know what you find.

after he pulls out the blower, he shows the damper on the blower he just pulled out at the 7 minute mark.
harman free standing P series.

There isn’t one shown or listed on the parts diagram.

Hugh

I have 2013 P61A and will be doing a deep clean later this week and so will try and remember to check to see if I have such a damper on mine. Other than the one bolt up high on the blower, it looks like a pretty easy removal/install.

Our currently in use 2013 P-43 absolutely does not and never did have one one installed.

Ok. Took a picture this morning. You can see a rubber pad between the blower housing and a plate that has connections attached to it. Looks a bit white in the picture but it's black. When I lift that square plate up a little bit I can tell that that pad is attached to the blower housing. Pushed that plate up a bit and it's has a sticky surface on the blower side so nothing screwed on. Looks like it is there so as not the vibrate against that metal plate above it. Bought the stove new in 2014 so it's not a homemade damper. in retrospect, looks like i can just shove a piece of foam rubber or similar between that plate and the blower housing [if the original damper will not stick anymore.].

Attachments

• 20200325_120559.jpg
    20200325_120559.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 20200325_120545.jpg
    20200325_120545.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 20200325_120519.jpg
    20200325_120519.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
here is the reply back from company rep.....

So I did hear back from the manufacturer and they did let me know that if you needed to, you should be able to remove the old vibration mount from the old blower and reattach it to your new blower, but the rep I was speaking with also said he was fairly certain you didn't need it with this new one, and that's it's more of an optional thing. They do not have a part number for it, so one cannot be ordered, but it's just a rubber bumper, sort of like part number 3-31-2761, which you can see here: Harman Rubber Grommet 1/2" ID - Single (3-31-2761) $2.00.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Good talking with you again, have a great day!

Must be something they added on the later stoves, I've never seen one on any of mine. As a matter of fact, I don't believe any of mine have the ground connections on the (heat shield?) that is in your pictures.
The grommet you show the link for is just a protector for wiring, tubing etc., but I'm sure you already know that. When you do actually make the swap, let us know if you find there is enough clearance between the two so the bumper is not needed.

Reactions: Ssyko
I was wrong about the ground connections; this is a picture of one of the P61's that I changed the feeder weldment on; it has them so the others may too! No bumpers though, I know that because I always remove the blower housing (two bolts) when doing the annual cleanings.harman P61 pusher arm.jpg

Reactions: Ssyko