Harman P38+ combustion motor not running.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NixonFamily

Mar 23, 2014
maine
My father has a P38+, bought two years after mine.
I did my annual cleaning on the stove and pipe today, but when I put it back together and powered up,I noticed the gear motor wasn't running, I presumed esp or vacuum sensor.
I then noticed the combustion motor wasn't running.

The fuse is good, I checked.

What is the most likely culprit?

Combustion motor dead so gear motor not running?

Gear motor, esp, or vacuum bad causing combustion motor not to run?

Other possibilities?

Thanks,
Shaun

Check wiring where you were working make sure all connections are good one part not operating can cause others to stop too

Spin it and see if it's free, it may start.

Strange thing is:
Today, the combustion fan is spinning, sounds pretty rough though.
I took off the cover that protects and cleaned the blades with a toothbrush.

I believe this May have sealed bearings, it's working as is the gear motor and auger.

I might replace it if I am unable to lube it.

Any ideas on lubing combustion motor?

If it does have sealed bearings if it is rubber sealed you can take a syringe and inject lube into it. With metal shields you can submerge it in lubricant and either put it in a vacuum or put it in the oven and heat it up, on either relieving the vacuum or cool down it should suck in some lubricant, I've used the syringe method, the other one I have only seen done on youtube videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.