Harman P38 Pellet stove pipe install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chayes

Oct 16, 2011
New Hampshire
Hello all,

Over the summer I was given a used Harman P38 pellet stove, they also gave me a pipe kit that was bought at homedepot. I'm replacing a very old woodstove that hasnt been used in years. The pipe for the stove went through the foundation, but was removed years ago.

The pipe kit can be seen here, it's a dura-vent double wall pipe:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

The basic install is, I attach the adapter to the stove, the tee with clean-out to the adapter and then run the pipe up and out. Once outside I'll run it up the side of the house a bit for clearance and put a cap I bought on it.

My question is how close to the stove can this pipe be, what is the minimum clearance between the pipe and back of the stove? If I install it the way I described with the adapter and tee, the pipe is very close to the back of the hopper.

Thanks in advance!

"technically" you might need 1" or 3" (tough call, clearances are to combusables, the stove is not combustable, but the pellets in the hopper are). Not sure if Simpson is tested to 1", so 3" is the default. Usuall need to add a 6" piece to the stove adapter before the "T" to get the pipe out from behind the unit. If the pipe is right on the stove it makes it challenging to do a good cleaning of the components in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.