Harman p43 2 blink status..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fawnzy

Feb 20, 2022
Pennsylvania
I have a new p43 that only has about 1/2 ton of pellets ran through it and this 2 blink has me frustrated. The stove will start up and run fine and about 15 or so minuets into burning it will get the 2 blink, stop feeding then after 5 or so minuets it will stop blinking and start feeding again. It does this repeatedly, feeds fine then stops and starts again. The stove never goes out flame just dies down real small. I have cleaned everything, made sure venting is clear, made sure tubing to pressure switch is not clogged, checked the fines box, all gaskets seem fine. Anyone have an idea on what else to try? I thought I would ask here before I tried calling harman. Thanks.

Check your gaskets-door, ash, hopper and fines covers. If all are OK, I suspect you have a bad vacuum switch.

I have a new p43 that only has about 1/2 ton of pellets ran through it and this 2 blink has me frustrated. The stove will start up and run fine and about 15 or so minuets into burning it will get the 2 blink, stop feeding then after 5 or so minuets it will stop blinking and start feeding again. It does this repeatedly, feeds fine then stops and starts again. The stove never goes out flame just dies down real small. I have cleaned everything, made sure venting is clear, made sure tubing to pressure switch is not clogged, checked the fines box, all gaskets seem fine. Anyone have an idea on what else to try? I thought I would ask here before I tried calling harman. Thanks.

If by chance the problem arose after you cleaned the fines box then I expect that you didn't get the cover on correctly. It's very easy to be certain you've got it on right when it really isn't. You'd not be the first to be certain you'd done it correctly when it wasn't so.

YMMV,

Hugh

"A 2 blink status light error signifies that the stove's pressure switch has failed to close the electrical contacts of the switch or that the contacts were closed and an event caused the contacts to open. ... Verify that the stove and venting are clean and clear of obstructions and restart the stove."
Try all the above mentioned. Harman will tell you to contact the dealer..

My problem ended up being that my hopper lid latch was not letting the lid down far enough for the gasket to make seal. It would close tight and looked like it was down all the way but it wasn’t. Ended up just removing the latch. Sort of a tricky one to figure out.

Reactions: Mt Bob and SciGuy
Did you try spinning it to tighten it up? Hold the rubber grommet on the bottom while spinning the top clockwise will make it tighter

Reactions: Mt Bob
Did you try spinning it to tighten it up? Hold the rubber grommet on the bottom while spinning the top clockwise will make it tighter
Actually there is a nut on the bottom for adjustment.But maybe that is just the new ones. When they get a little loose, you have to hold the lid down, then flip the latch. Never was a fan of that hopper sensor, should have been just a switch. Many have been bypassed, although I do not recommend.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Didn’t seem to be any adjustment on mine. The male end is attached with a screw to the piece you you use to lift the hopper lid, female end looks riveted to the hopper. No hopper switch or anything on this model.

Sounds like yours is the new setup, side plunger latch, same as accentra and xxv. You would have a hose hooked somewhere to the hopper, which senses the lid not being shut.