Harman p43 OAK install. Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PennPellet

Jan 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
A few questions.

1. Does the rear shielding need to be cut in order to fit an oak? ( I've attached a photo with the area I believe needs to be cut)

2. When looking at the oak point of entry, should the oak penetrate the movable swinging door or should the swinging door stay in place with the oak attached around the entry tube. Hard to explain, but I have a photo with the swinging door closed, then slightly open with a screwdriver.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 126
The area that needs to be removed is pre cut and only attached at 2-3 points. This will allow the intake pipe to go straight in.

The pipe should not be allowed to interfere with the flapper. Secure/seal the pipe with tape.

ETA- After removing the "punch out" area, use caution as the edges will be sharp. You can use foil tape to cover the sharp parts, or file it down.

Reactions: PennPellet
What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.