Harman p61 blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird77

Feeling the Heat
Jul 4, 2007
Hallstead Pa.
Hi again and once again I thank any and all for thier advice. Im wondering if the blower on my p61 is supposed to run continuousley, or shut off when the stove reaches a certain temp.? It runs all the time and I dont notice it changing from high to low, stays where I set it, low, med. or high. It seems like Im going through more pellets then I should, and Im wondering if the blower is not supposed to run all the time and that is cooling the stove down thus making it use more fuel. Can any of you good folks with Harmans fill me in? Thank you.

If your using Room Temp mode the blower will vary depending on the heat needs for the room. *If you leave it set in the mid range.* The temp probe may be in a location that is causing it to need more heat.

Mine will turn off if I get a fan blowing the air around and it heats up the room past the set point.

I run my stove in room temp mode, and the blower for the room air will vary from low to high to off (as required).

What mode is your stove in?

Thanks guys, Ive been experimenting and running it on stove temp. Does the blower only vary on room temp? And, if that is the case. if I run it on room temp, and set it at mid point, is that the only way it will vary or no matter where its set? Thank you

Hmmm, not too sure about stove temp mode. I never run it in that mode.

In room temp mode, I just sorta crank it almost to the H end, and the blower does vary in speed.

Cheers!

So, do you think in order for it to vary I have to have it set on high and then it will change according to the temp? I jus am curious as the blower runs all the time, and I wonder what this will do to my electric bill. Have any of you folks noticed a drastic increase in your bill when using your stove?
It seems like it should shut off or drop down its speed once in a while to let the stove get hotter. Am I wrong? I appreciate the help here, . Thanks

Nah, electricity is pretty expensive here in Southern Maine, but I really don't think the 2 stoves bump my bill more than 6 or 7 dollars per month (combined).
Kenny posted some specifics for the P61A electric comsumption a while back (Thanks again Kenny!)

Here they are. You'll notice the igniter is the biggest draw
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When starting up (ignitor is on and the auger is running), the draw was 372W.

When the ignitor stops, and the auger is running and the distribution fan is on lo, the power draw is 128W.

With the auger is running and the distribution fan is on med, the power draw is 136W.

With the auger is running and the distribution fan is on hi, the power draw is 152W.

Without the auger running and the distribution fan is on lo, the power draw is 93.6W. So the auger is drawing about 35W.

Finally, in shut down mode, the unit was drawing about 46.1W.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.