Harman P61 blowing fuse.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ji240z

Dec 4, 2019
I have a Harman P61. The control panel was updated quite a few years ago to the newer style. The stove has been great for me until today. I came home and the fire was out. Main 6 Amp fuse was blown. Put in new fuse and it blew. Removed the auger motor connection and stove turned on, combustion motor ran and all looked good, so I replaced the auger motor with a new one. Plugged everything back in and the fuse blew. Checked all the wiring and no shorts or cuts I can see. Am I looking at a new control panel.

Reactions: jzm2cc
Try removing all the wires from the other components, and see if it blows a fuse. If no then plug one at a time in and that will point out the bad part. If it still pops with everything unplugged i would lean towards a bad board

Reactions: jackman
OK. Just unplugged combustion motor, distribution motor and auger motor. Still popped. I have no ignitor. Wires are all in good shape and nothing touching. Any other ideas to check before a new board.

Thanks