Harman P61a-2 door styles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tazz

Aug 17, 2013
western massachusetts
I am looking at this P61A-2 stove or at least that's what I'm told it is. I'm a bit curious as to the door style and such of this stove. I thought being a P61A-2 that it would have the newer style door. I know that I don't know jack about Harmans so if someone could please clarify for me I'd appreciate it. here are pics of the stove I'm looking at. p61a.jpg p61a-23.jpg

Found our a bit more on this stove it's a P61-2. Did this model come with the ignition or was it something that was added later on?

I guess it looks OK to me but any input is greatly appreciated

View attachment 242732 View attachment 242734
"Harman made a manual p61 about that time frame that had a burn pot with the bolts for the igniter cradle and with a wire harness that had the Yellow and light blue wires for an igniter and put a manual light board with no auto switch on it. They called it a P61-2" That is a quote from a reputable source.In which case stove could have hadded newer control board added,not a big deal.

Mine is a P61-2, it came with auto ignite and the door trim...according to the plate its a 1998

Reactions: Mt Bob
Oh for sure Bob...and I was just stating what mine was haha...with the changes Harman has gone through over the years, anything is possible...the door looks the same as mine minus the trim too...
Ya,not gonna argue,might have been "dealer installed",just like A/C in cars and trucks,back in the day.I was only reporting what I found.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Ya,whatever.Harman went through a phase of "dealer installed",copping car dealers.That is why the trim kits are still being sold on the net.It happens.I do not know the door differences,I do not know the trim(door cladding) differences,do not really care,you guys can figure it out.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Oh for sure Bob...and I was just stating what mine was haha...with the changes Harman has gone through over the years, anything is possible...the door looks the same as mine minus the trim too...
I don't know if you're referring to the door on the stove I have posted but it surely isn't the same as yours. This door is an earlier one that doesn't take trim. That's why I asked if the stove came with ignition from the factory. I guess it really doesn't matter if it's factory or owner installed as long as it's working properly.