Harman P61A Circuit board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
does any one here know when the latest or updated control boards we're manufactured?
my P61A stove has a build date of 2012... just wondering if newer board with latest algorithm is out there.
may be wrong but 2010 might be the last updated boards for this model..?

Last edited:
Hey tony I think these guys are telling you "if it ain't broke don't fix it" lol just kidding

Hey tony I think these guys are telling you "if it ain't broke don't fix it" lol just kidding

probably..lol
actually, i blew an igniter fuse .. igniter was only few months old..
not 100% sure if it damaged the board..
checking to see latest boards in case i may need one.

probably..lol
actually, i blew an igniter fuse .. igniter was only few months old..
not 100% sure if it damaged the board..
checking to see latest boards in case i may need one.
Have you tried the stove since

Have you tried the stove since
yes..
put new igniter in last week...
so far everything worked ok but didn't get into different burning modes..
was in room/manual when the fuse blew...
only ran the stove 1x since replaced and in room/auto.
if it happens again i may need a new board......

yes..
put new igniter in last week...
so far everything worked ok but didn't get into different burning modes..
was in room/manual when the fuse blew...
only ran the stove 1x since replaced and in room/auto.
if it happens again i may need a new board......
Well hopefully you don't need a new board make sure you give it a good test early in the fall stretch out the stove legs so you can get fix before winter if needed

Reactions: Tonyray
Tonyray the fuse on the 5886 Harman blowing would indicate there was a short or an arc somewhere in the stove more than likely your ignitor wires I have had many customers clean in that channel under the burn pot aggressively and fray one of the two wires causing this very issue the fuse is there to protect the board if it worked after you replaced the ignitor you are more than likely fine if all the other blowers and motors are coming on than you are good. Harman revises the 4 output 5886 boards every year or so all they do if anything is reconfigure the dipswitch settings. bottom line your stove is fine

Tonyray the fuse on the 5886 Harman blowing would indicate there was a short or an arc somewhere in the stove more than likely your ignitor wires I have had many customers clean in that channel under the burn pot aggressively and fray one of the two wires causing this very issue the fuse is there to protect the board if it worked after you replaced the ignitor you are more than likely fine if all the other blowers and motors are coming on than you are good. Harman revises the 4 output 5886 boards every year or so all they do if anything is reconfigure the dipswitch settings. bottom line your stove is fine

your probably right..
the 1st time my igniter went and i blew the fuse, there was a bare spot on one of the leads[inside] the burnpot.
and this could have been from as u say aggressively cleaning out the channel..
i remember getting a shock when i touched it..[ didn't know the wires we're always hot or 110 energized with the stove in the OFF position. NOT un-plugged]. might have been too much slack of the 2 lead wires and I pushed one of them against the metal wall and grounded out..

the instructions for installing a new igniter said to mark with a black marker the exact spot on the blue/yellow wires in the back compartment where they come out so as to return them to the same spot.
I actually pulled my blue/yellow wires about couple inches more taunt than the black mark because i always thought there was too much white lead wires in the compartment..
this newer igniter put in couple months ago had no slack in the compartment so don't know what made it go but i know my electric bill jumped about 25 bucks more the past few months which was not the case the last 3 winters with the stove..could have been struggling to ignite with a faulty or not secured lead wire..
when i took the igniter out one of the leads came off of the igniter in my hand... could have been a crapy made product. might not have been soldered properly at the factory..

Last edited: