Harman P61A Igniter Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

curt5911

Sep 11, 2011
Cental NY
Hi, I've read a bunch of other igniter posts and have tried the steps suggested but have reached a dead end.

My igniter stopped working sometime in late winter after a cleaning. Since it was running all the time, I lit it manually and it worked fine other than the igniter issue. As the weather warmed up and the stove is shutting down on warm days, it's now an issue since it obviously can't start back up automatically.

Stove seems to operate fine other than the igniter. The igniter light does not come on even in test mode. The one fuse on the panel is not blown. I checked the igniter wiring and it's not burned. I tried a second igniter I had and it didn't work either. I checked the resistance on the igniters and one is 50.1 and the other is 49.3. I jumped the wiring going to the low pressure switch, still didn't make a difference, the igniter light did not come on.

Where to next?

Did you check to see if there was power TO the igniter wires?
If there is none, I would trace the wiring from the igniter at the way to the control panel...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.