Harman P61A. Stove pipe size? Odd....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory S

Feeling the Heat
Oct 12, 2014
NH, USA
Going to be installing my P61A soon, and I am gathering install items. I THOUGHT 3" double wall pipe was what the normal pipe used is.

The iron exhaust outlet on the back of the P61A measures just a titch under 3.5" OD......So I assume 4" double wall pipe is what I need? I am looking at the Duravent piping pieces and adapter from Home Depot.

Does the Duravent 4" pipe have closer to a 3.5" inside diameter due to the double wall? If so, I guess thats why the P61A outlet is close to 3.5" OD....

You can use either 3" or 4". How far do you have to go?

Going to be installing my P61A soon, and I am gathering install items. I THOUGHT 3" double wall pipe was what the normal pipe used is.

The iron exhaust outlet on the back of the P61A measures just a titch under 3.5" OD......So I assume 4" double wall pipe is what I need? I am looking at the Duravent piping pieces and adapter from Home Depot.

Does the Duravent 4" pipe have closer to a 3.5" inside diameter due to the double wall? If so, I guess thats why the P61A outlet is close to 3.5" OD....
3" pellet pipe, duravent in my case, no adapter, just pipe with orange RTV directly on the cast iron exhaust cone.

As Bogieb states. Get the adapter and I would run 3" if you can. It's cheaper. Duravent is fine. Look online for deals. Good luck and let me tell you that you will like that Harman P61. Great stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.