Harman p61a will not run in room temp mode.

Rboggs Posted By Rboggs, Apr 15, 2018 at 7:11 AM

1. Rboggs

Rboggs
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 15, 2018
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Hello I am new to the site but not to pellet stoves. We just purchased this stove and it has ran fine for a week now. I get up this morning and the stove will not run in room temp mode. No faults and it runs fine in stove temp mode. If I unplug the room temp sensor the stove will start up. Has anybody else had this problem?

2. P51mustang

P51mustang
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2014
    Loc:
    Upstate, NY
    Is the stove brand new or used?

3. Rboggs

Rboggs
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 15, 2018
    Loc:
    Ohio
  4. P51mustang

P51mustang
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2014
    Loc:
    Upstate, NY
    I would contact your dealer....It is possible the probe is defective and so would be under warranty.

Was the stove by chance a floor model that has been used in a showroom for sometime previous to you taking ownership?

5. Rboggs

Rboggs
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 15, 2018
    Loc:
    Ohio
    No it was in the box when I picked it up. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow morning. I was just curious to see if anyone else had seen this. This is our 1st Harman stove so I'm new to all of their issues.

6. P51mustang

P51mustang
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2014
    Loc:
    Upstate, NY
    I have a 2013 P61A and have never had a problem operating in room temp. mode. In fact, I've never run in any other setting.

By the way, is the stove set in auto or manual? If in auto, the actual room temperature may be high enough that your stove simply won't ignite as the probe is sensing a high enough temperature. Do you follow what I'm saying?

7. Rboggs

Rboggs
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 15, 2018
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Yes. It's in auto mode it's set to around 72 to 75 degrees and it was 64 and it still would not come on. It has been working fine for a week until this morning. I will just run it on stove temp until I can have it looked at.

8. P51mustang

P51mustang
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2014
    Loc:
    Upstate, NY
    I would try it in manual mode just to see if that setting will operate the stove......If nothing else it will tell you if the probe works and is one less thing to explain to your dealer that you have tried. If it continues to operate when you switch over the stove should NOT shut down but only idle way down once it reaches the room temp. you have set in the stove.

Also, it will idle up and down as the probe calls for heat and tells the stove its reached the desired heat setting. Doing this should indicate if the probe works.

9. Rboggs

Rboggs
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 15, 2018
    Loc:
    Ohio
    It will not run at all in room temp only stove temp mode. So I either have a bad probe or bad board is what it seems like. I will post what the dealer finds out.

10. P51mustang

P51mustang
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2014
    Loc:
    Upstate, NY
    Hmmm. Please let us know and good luck....

11. bags

bags
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 12, 2014
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Have you unplugged the stove for a reset?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...