Harman p68 feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Harman

Nov 12, 2007
albany Ny
I have a harman p68 that normally works fine until tonight. the stove was down for a few hours as it was warm here in albany today, but it just cme on a little while ago. I noticed that the flame was much larger than usual. Upon looking at the burn pot i noticed it was over full of pellets. I keep my feed at 3. now it has been 10 minutes since i shut the stove down, and every minute or so I can here the feed motor running pellets into the burn pot. Wouldn't the stove stop feeding once i have shut it off?? Please Help!!

pellet stove rookie said:
I have a harman p68 that normally works fine until tonight. the stove was down for a few hours as it was warm here in albany today, but it just cme on a little while ago. I noticed that the flame was much larger than usual. Upon looking at the burn pot i noticed it was over full of pellets. I keep my feed at 3. now it has been 10 minutes since i shut the stove down, and every minute or so I can here the feed motor running pellets into the burn pot. Wouldn't the stove stop feeding once i have shut it off?? Please Help!!
No it won't.. it will feed pellets every so often to gradually bring the stove down to a lower temperature once ESP reaches a certain temp then it will stop feeding and burn out..
As far as the burnpot being full of pellets and having alot of flames it happens at the initial startup sometimes...... All seems normal....

thanks pyro! Stove seems to be working fine this morning. I think the problem with the buil up is that i forgot to scrape out the burn pot yesterday. I seem to get alot of black "ash" buildup at the top of the burn pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.