harman p68 ignitor trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Mar 1, 2014
ct
hi all,
just purchased a used p68 , knowing ignitor was bad. I brough it in garage and did a major cleaning, installed new ignitor and it is still not working.
checked new ignitor reads 50 ohms
heres the strange part
checked voltage to ignitor one wire has 75 volts and the other has 42 volts, does this sound like bad control board?

hi all,
just purchased a used p68 , knowing ignitor was bad. I brough it in garage and did a major cleaning, installed new ignitor and it is still not working.
checked new ignitor reads 50 ohms
heres the strange part
checked voltage to ignitor one wire has 75 volts and the other has 42 volts, does this sound like bad control board?
Did you by chance give it a try with a manual light? Did all the motors run when switched to test?

Did you by chance give it a try with a manual light? Did all the motors run when switched to test?
working fine with manual light, all motors run just nothing at ignitor, ignitor light lights up but ignitor doesn't even get warm

When the season is over you could send out the board for check and repair or run as is, just put the stove on manual and it will just go into maintenance mode till het is needed. I run most of the heating season that way as house looses about as much as the stove burns at idle when temps get below freezing. Fast ramp up of heat when it calls for heat too. Welcome to the forum:)

thanks looks like im gonna need a board sooner then later, shut stove off this morning before I left for work, came home and stove was still running

thanks looks like im gonna need a board sooner then later, shut stove off this morning before I left for work, came home and stove was still running
That may be an issue with the ESP. That's an easily damaged little critter in the exhaust path behind the fan. To shut down the stove if it persists is to crack open the door and that should break the vacuum and vac switch should break the auger circuit so you don't run the risk of smoke in the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.