Harman P68 Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

VermontP68

Oct 11, 2022
I have a Harman P68 and I have been having a lot of trouble finding reliable service people near me so I've been doing most of it myself. So my current issue is that I have the pressure switch error code. (I have a new pressure switch coming but I don't actually thing it's bad as I replaced it last year). I bypassed the pressure switch and ran the stove in test mode. Everything lit up and ran as it should. Next I tried temporarily running the stove with the pressure switch bypassed. I got fire but it was a bit of a lazy flame and though the stove got fully hot the distribution blower never came on (I know it works though from test mode).
Ideas as to what I might be dealing with at all? I went ahead and replaced the door gasket as that felt very compacted to me and I took off the air baffle in that back and blew that out with compressed air as that seemed like maybe it wasn't closing fully.
Other than that I'm out of idea. Just wait for the new pressure switch and see what happens? It's starting to get cold here so I'm running out of time!
Thanks in advance.

It's a vacuum switch. I've never seen one bad on a Harman, except when people use the leaf blower trick and forget to unhook it, or use air pressure, or try to vacuum the little port. You are describing multiple problems. First, if the switch is bad, or the stove has a leak, the auger will not run in test mode either. 90% of the time this error code is caused by the fines cover not reinstalled properly after cleaning, or fines/debris on the gasket surface, which also can cause poor burning.. If the exhaust probe sees low temperatures from low flame/poor burning, the room blower may never come on, or run erratic, even though the stove gets warm.

Reactions: Harmanizer
Thanks. I'll check the fines compartment. I did just have it cleaned "professionally" but I have had such bad luck with these guys that I think this is their last time touching my stove!

It's a vacuum switch. I've never seen one bad on a Harman, except when people use the leaf blower trick and forget to unhook it, or use air pressure, or try to vacuum the little port. You are describing multiple problems. First, if the switch is bad, or the stove has a leak, the auger will not run in test mode either. 90% of the time this error code is caused by the fines cover not reinstalled properly after cleaning, or fines/debris on the gasket surface, which also can cause poor burning.. If the exhaust probe sees low temperatures from low flame/poor burning, the room blower may never come on, or run erratic, even though the stove gets warm.
Hi, I saw your reply and obviously you know MUCH more than I do regarding the pellet stoves...I wonder if I can ask you a quick question...I have a Harman Accentra and switched out the circuit board (already had a red wire ESP), but for some reason when I install the new one the distribution blower never comes on. I double checked the dipswitch settings and they are all correct. I switched back to the old one and it comes on no problem. Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Hi, I saw your reply and obviously you know MUCH more than I do regarding the pellet stoves...I wonder if I can ask you a quick question...I have a Harman Accentra and switched out the circuit board (already had a red wire ESP), but for some reason when I install the new one the distribution blower never comes on. I double checked the dipswitch settings and they are all correct. I switched back to the old one and it comes on no problem. Any help would be extremely appreciated!
Mii,

You may be best off to create your own thread to ask about this issue.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Sometimes you get a defective "new" board.