Harman P68 squeaky feeder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Jefferson

Oct 25, 2012
Hi, my P68 has just started with a squeaky sound when the feeder motor runs and pushes pellets into the burn pot. I need to oil something but does anyone know off hand where it is I need to lube? Thanks
Glenn

Use some teflon type spray on the main auger bearing located in the back of the stove. Just a little will do.

Eric

if its the high pitched "fingernails on chalkboard" sound, then its most likely a carbon mass in the burnpot. Scrapy scrapy with tool, maybe use flat head screwdriver in lower corners of burnpot, followed by nice words, and lastly, the firedance.

Also check the fines collection area in the back. That little sliding door that opens to allow the pellets to drop will start making "screechy" noises when that little box gets crammed full of sawdust...

I sprayed some lube on it and it has appeared to quiet it down some but I think I'm going to have to pull the stove out from the corner and pull the auger out and check it out. The noise is coming from the rear of the unit. Also, where is the fine collection area on the unit, do I have to let it run out of pellets before I can get to that to clean it?

Thanks
Glenn

fine box is at the back of auger, should be able to see it with side panel removed. mine has a wing nut on it remove cover and vacuum out

I thought the fines box was located under the burnpot. Its held on with 2 wingnuts.

I have a P61 though.

Is there another spot to clean that I am not aware of?

I thought the fines box was located under the burnpot. Its held on with 2 wingnuts.
That is where the combustion air chamber is. The fines box is next to/attached to the auger housing, behind the control panel... Do you have the owners manual? Usually in there..

That is where the combustion air chamber is. The fines box is next to/attached to the auger housing, behind the control panel... Do you have the owners manual? Usually in there..

Just checked the manual last night, its not there.

Ill take off the side covers in the back next time I clean the stove and check it out.

Yea thats the P68 manual

I was reading the P61 manual cause I have a P61

Guess they forgot in my manual.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.