Harman P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmuccino

Nov 11, 2012
Chepachet, RI
Good Morning Everyone,

Just wanted to update you all, and thank you at the same time for all the valuable information provided on this forum.

King 5500M Pellet Stove was returned because there was just too many issues and dealing with customer service was just not working out.

Purchased a Harman P68 from a local dealer and installed myself 2 days ago. The price tag was 4 times what I paid for the King stove. Like they say "You get what you pay for.
c:\harman1_P68.jpg
"

Extremely happy with the stove. It can put out some serious heat which requires very maintenance.

I have attached a picture.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Attachments

• Harman1_P68.jpg
    Harman1_P68.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 1,006
That is an awesome stove!! We have one at the shop that runs 24/7. I cleaned it this week, ash was drifted up the bottom of the burnpot and it was still burning good. Took 45 min and cleaned it out, Should be good to run for another 1 1/2 months w/ minimal attention!!

Nice stove, I see you live in Chepachet. I live in the next town over from you. I actually lived in Chepachet like 5 years sgo.

I got a P61 with the same trim kit, the stoves look the same. Good choice, my P 61 heats my whole house no problem at all.

Welcome to the Jungle, we got fun and games......... and plenty of good information here

Great looking install! I like the trim on that stove, dresses up the piece. You are going to really appreciate this purchase as it should heat your home very well, I know mine does.

One note, make sure you give your new stove a Christmas gift of a good surge protector and protect your investment.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

King 5500M Pellet Stove was returned because there was just too many issues and dealing with customer service was just not working out.

Purchased a Harman P68 from a local dealer and installed myself 2 days ago. The price tag was 4 times what I paid for the King stove. Like they say "You get what you pay for
Thats one hell of an upgrade. There is no substitute for quality, especially when it is cold outside. You are also going to learn that this also holds true for your pellets as well. By looking at your stash listed in your sig, you have some pellets at one end of the spectrum and some at the other end. (Just my opinion) But you're doing it the right way....trying different stuff. Find what works well for you and stick with it until you are given a good reason to change!
Enjoy that sexy beast you call a P68 and thanks for the pic. Merry Christmas.

Reactions: gbreda
Congrats on the great looking stove install. Do it and yourself a favor and get a surge suppressor or a UPS to protect your investment. I've had three brown outs last week and we have had good but cold weather. Nothing like hearing the scream of a low voltage alarm at 6 in the morning and knowing your electronics are safe.

You are wise beyond your years. Awesome choice and that is a good looking stove.

Eric

ah, another proud owner of..."The Big Gun" (my cute pet name for the P-68). Be careful you don't stand too close if you turn it to 7...you'll melt your face right off! (slight exaggeration).

Go Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.