Harman pc45 distribution blower override?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seyser

Oct 12, 2015
MN
New owner of a used PC45. I have fired it a few times and was just wondering if there is a way to override the distribution blower?

I plan to run in stove mode with the settings on low but would like the ability to turn the blower on when wanted. Has anyone ever modified their stove and maybe added a switch or pot to independantly control the blower?

-Jeremy

Not heard of any modifications to control the distribution fan other than remotely mounted fan that I use so the air is filtered. Harman discontinued the PC45 and the replacement control board was over $250 last year at this time. A few days experimenting should get your new to you stove running close to what you want. So many settings available its really hard to think one would need to modify especially now that the controls are going up even farther:(

I agree on the settings, plenty of options. Still would like to have manual control of the dist blower. Even on low the stove gets plenty heat soaked where I could benefit from having the fan on. I figure the more heat you can draw away from the stove is less heat going out the chimney.

Have you read the sticky on top of the page about how a Harman runs? ESP controls the fire and does not allow the fire get so low as to let the exhaust get to cool. Best to keep that little probe from getting to dirty and letting ash and carbon insulate it and then it ramps up the feed rate. I can tell when my probe-stove needs cleaning by the fuel consumption going up.

Status
Not open for further replies.