Harman PC45 quits running at below 0 temps!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for everyone's suggestions.
Drilling 4, 1/2" holes in the OAK hasn't seemed to hinder the stoves performance.
The ash restricted exhaust pipe seems to have been my problem.
We have endured unseasonably cold weather and just this week, two nights below -10F actual temps and our Harman has been working flawlessly, cranking out the heat and keeping us toasty in the basement and keeping the furnace propane usage to a minimum.
This is REALLY great since our propane prices have gone through the roof!

I thought the propain prices were over the moon myself. Friday the prices have settled down to $3.60 Forty one days till spring. Our state is the number one producer of turkeys and the propane is needed to keep them from freezing so turkey for thanksgiving will probably a lot higher as well as chicken and pork. Figured we saved about $22 today over propain at $3.60, -4F for the high

Status
Not open for further replies.