Harman PF100 burn issues resolved

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

a5t1

Dec 6, 2011
UP
We used the PF100 all last winter with lows in the -30Fs, keeping the house at 70. The only issue I had was not cleaning the exhaust vent which would caused the pf100 to shutdown - clean it.

About a week ago, the pf100 would take a long time to ignite in auto-light. I wasn't getting a complete burn of the pellets and the flame was really lazy. The pf100 couldn't maintain heat output either.

This is our 3rd year burning pellets. After reading extensively on this board, over that time, the first solution is always....clean it. After the furnace cooled down I gave it a complete cleaning. I opened the hatch cover into the burn pot and vacuumed it out. When I stuck my fingers in there lots of ash had built up. That was insulating the igniter and also causing the lazy burns. I remember reading about someone taking wire to clean out the holes in the burn pot. I did that, then brushed out the inside of the burn pot while vacuuming.

The PF100 is burning great, great heat output and it ignites right away. Once again, when you have an issue clean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.