Harman PF120 issue with 4 blinks using thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rayterio666

Mar 11, 2015
Dieppe, NB
I have the furnace for 2 yrs now and always been on an Honeywell T5 thermostat and worked like a charm, but for the last 3 days, my status light blinks 4 times and then the stove does not shutoff, but goes on until it runs out of pellets... did not change anything, any ideas what is going on?

Tks

From Harman:

4 Blinks: Can occur only in the Automatic Mode and
indicates the Wall Control has failed or is not installed. If a
Wall control is then installed the status light will automatically
reset.(Note) only after the unit has warmed up.

Sounds like your t-stat is on it's way out, or there's a connection problem...

. . .
Sounds like your t-stat is on it's way out, or there's a connection problem...
Forgive a noob question, but could this also result from t-stat batteries running down? Inquiring minds want to know!

Trust me guys, there is no stupide question!!!!
My T5 is powered via a12 volts transformer, same type as a doorbell transformer.
I tried another non-WiFi thermostat I was using before this one with no issues when I changed it, same results, I even tried Harman’s analog thermostat that came with the furnace and still the same issue.... see pic.
Now I am guessing either the control board ( which is kinda expensive to replace) or the ESP probe...
Any thoughts, idea will help me!!!
Tks a million!!!

Attachments

• B7A1D26B-2787-4844-B30E-BAFE6425A02F.jpeg
    B7A1D26B-2787-4844-B30E-BAFE6425A02F.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 60