harman sf160

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 3, 2017
nh
Im thinking about adding a storage tank into the loop so I have more hot water storage capability. is this a good idea? Also what kind of tank should I get ? I have the current set up looped directly into my oil burner with is not used when wood boiler is in use. When not in use I shut wood boiler out of loop with ball valves. I would say total water capacity of system is about 35-40 gallons. Its been heating the house and doing all my hotter needs just fine but I figure more hot water in the system the better. This should stretch out my burn times as well because it will take longer for all that water to cool down. Thanks in advance!