Harman XXV Exhaust Sensing Probe Error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BillReg

Oct 28, 2019
Arizona
I have a Harman XXV purchased in 2008. At the end of last season the auger became stuck and the control panel fuse blew. I replaced the fuse and the system appeared to be ready to run once the auger was cleaned. At the beginning of this year's season, I removed and cleaned the auger. It now runs smoothly. The Status Light error message began blinking three times indicating a ESP problem. Resetting does not clear. The stove will run continuously with or without pellets. It can only be shut off by unplugging. I replaced the control circuit board without fixing the problem. I have now replaced the Exhaust Sensing Probe without resolving the problem. The dip switches on the control board are set to the specifications that came with the new board. on, off, off, off, on, on, on, off. They are different than the settings on the original board. off, on, on, off, off, off, on, off. Any suggestions on what I have missed or should try will be appreciated.

Dip switch settings are unique to the stove and likely the version of the board. I would not haphazardly guess at this. The board should have come with switch settings for the myriad of stoves. Try and google switch setting and your board version/model.

Also, make sure you didn’t pinch any wires when you replaced the auger.

What color was the new esp wire, red or black?