Harman XXV has sparks coming out front blower.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rschatzl

Mar 30, 2023
New Hampshire
Stove is clean. Exhaust pipe cleaned beginning of season.
I recently changed the door seal but still have the issue.
I also get smoke smell out of the blower often when starting
Any ideas?
Thank you

IMG_7017.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Ashful
If it were my stove I would not run it until I found the leak
between the firebox/exhaust and the convection blower circuit
Maybe a leak in the heat exchanger!

Just to be clear are you saying that there are sparks flying out of the stove into the room? If that's the case then follow johneh's suggestion and shutdown the stove and do not use it until you can fix it.

If the top vent kit is loose at the bottom, where the exhaust is, it’s possible that the sparks or smoke is getting into the distribution blower and then coming out the front of the stove

Stove is clean. Exhaust pipe cleaned beginning of season.
I recently changed the door seal but still have the issue.
I also get smoke smell out of the blower often when starting
Any ideas?
Thank you

View attachment 311576
SOLVED: The combustion blower in the back was not seated properly drawing occasional sparks(fly ash) into the distribution blower and out the front of the stove. Seating the blower correctly resolved the issue.

Reactions: Washed-Up and ARC
ME I would want to know how the sparks got out of the stove in the first place
They are a sealed unit firebox to the chimney outlet??

Reactions: Washed-Up
ME I would want to know how the sparks got out of the stove in the first place
They are a sealed unit firebox to the chimney outlet??
The two parts (fire box and the distribution blower) are totally separate, however, fly ash in the form of sparks get pushed out the exhaust. The exhaust had a small leak in the combustion blower seating, right behind the distribution blower so a few random sparks were sucked out the exhaust and into the distribution blower and out the front of the stove.

Reactions: Washed-Up