Harman XXV replaced Distribution Blower - now won’t fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Donn Fletcher

Jan 10, 2012
South Western NH
So last night I installed a new Distribution Blower in my Harman XXV stove. The instructions were horrible that can with the new motor. On a diagram it listed the wires going to different terminals then on the instructions sheet. Also the old motor was wired differently numbers wise. The old motor had the blank spade sitting on the terminal that faced the back of the stove.
Once I had it wired and installed I put the stove on test mode and the combustion fan and distribution blower powered right on but nothing with the igniter or feeder motor. Stove also would only turn off by unplugging it. I tried taking the motor out again and swapping how I had it wired and once again got the same result in test mode… and again had to unplug it.

Don't know if it will help but youtube has several videos on xxv distribution blowers. Also check your vacuum switch it is right above blower and could have been disconnected when you changed blower.

Definitely a vac switch issue. Is the light blue wires connected to it and the clear hose hooked up? Also how long has it been since the stove was cleaned and the flue serviced? It is possible that from being back there and messing around you could have knocked some ash down in the pipe and is restricting the exhaust and not letting the vac switch close

Reactions: ARC
...Following...
I just replaced my distribution motor last night...same issue with the wiring...new motor is wired completely differently than the original motor...now I blow a fuse every time I plug the stove in...ARGH!!

The blower should have come with an instruction sheet explaining what twerminals to use if you got an OEM part

The blower should have come with an instruction sheet explaining what twerminals to use if you got an OEM part
Figured it out last night with my multi-meter....the wiring diagram from the manufacturer was wrong....good times!!

So last night I installed a new Distribution Blower in my Harman XXV stove. The instructions were horrible that can with the new motor. On a diagram it listed the wires going to different terminals then on the instructions sheet. Also the old motor was wired differently numbers wise. The old motor had the blank spade sitting on the terminal that faced the back of the stove.
Once I had it wired and installed I put the stove on test mode and the combustion fan and distribution blower powered right on but nothing with the igniter or feeder motor. Stove also would only turn off by unplugging it. I tried taking the motor out again and swapping how I had it wired and once again got the same result in test mode… and again had to unplug it.
So, I originally experienced this too when I finally figured out the wiring diagram was incorrect from the manufacturer. Not just different from the old motor, completely wrong. But, once I figured this out and got it wired correctly, plugged it in, and was pleasantly surprised that the fuses didn't blow and I had a power light, I couldn't get the stove to stay powered on. It kept trying to light, then shutting off. So, I put it in test mode, and let it run like that for a few minutes, then I immediately cranked it into High, booted the temp and feed dial into high and let that thing go into turbo overdrive mode for a good hour....then cut back the temp back and the old bird is running true again....worth a shot...kind of like a pop start with a standard transmission...