Harman xxv-tc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Johnstabuin

Apr 15, 2017
Tichborne
Brand new Pellet stove guy here.

Just wondering about the frequency of cleaning the glass? It gets dirty fast like a few hours after cleaning.

Also the ash color is black and not grey like I expected.

I know I'm ocd hahaha

Just bought the remote room sensor and it's fantastic.

Brand new Pellet stove guy here.

Just wondering about the frequency of cleaning the glass? It gets dirty fast like a few hours after cleaning.

Also the ash color is black and not grey like I expected.

I know I'm ocd hahaha

Just bought the remote room sensor and it's fantastic.
Glass getting dirty on XXV is an ongoing issue. There is no fix other than to clean it often. Sorry.

I don't know anything about the XXV dirty glass, but different pellets will produce different color ash. Fireside Ultra's always produce black ash for me (used in 3 different stoves, with different set ups). I've had other pellets give me a light blond ash, and others have given me just about everything in between.