harmon absolute p43 noise any time break vac seal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sorry about your troubles, but sure sounds to me like you have a dealer issue. I just checked, and see that 2 warehouses have that impeller in stock. Yes, a dealer can buy Harman parts from another reseller, and be reimbursed. But,I still wonder if the one you get will be an updated version, for the small number Hof stoves that have this issue. ha been done before,as in Accentras, with the reducer ring for air flow problems. Also, kinda hard to condemn a model with a very low failure rate. Do you remember the Ford Trucks with engine problems? tens of thousands sitting in dealers lots, unusable, for up to a year, and owners were not provided with replacement vehicles.

Thank you for the response..... Are you comparing my absolute 43 with a truck that, to this day, has a known reliability issue?? LOL sorry ford owners! However, do you know for a fact that there is an updated impeller? Part #? (This way I will be able to tell if the correct part is replaced.) And, as far as condemning my Harman: 1) I wish more absolute 43 owners would chime in if they have/had this problem; 2) I am NOT one that usually complains, BUT this noise changes in pitch and is to the point where it is intolerable. I still regret my purchase (but this is MY opinion on what I perceive to be a poor, albeit, expensive product!) If this lets one purchaser be aware of the potential problems from this model than I am glad to be of help.
I still wonder if the one you get will be an updated version.

Thank you for the response..... Are you comparing my absolute 43 with a truck that, to this day, has a known reliability issue?? LOL sorry ford owners! However, do you know for a fact that there is an updated impeller? Part #? (This way I will be able to tell if the correct part is replaced.) And, as far as condemning my Harman: 1) I wish more absolute 43 owners would chime in if they have/had this problem; 2) I am NOT one that usually complains, BUT this noise changes in pitch and is to the point where it is intolerable. I still regret my purchase (but this is MY opinion on what I perceive to be a poor, albeit, expensive product!) If this lets one purchaser be aware of the potential problems from this model than I am glad to be of help.
I have a call in to a Harman tech, but they are not open on weekends. Will let you know when I get a response.

Reactions: Washed-Up

My dealer has said impeller 1-10-574500A is out of stock (for over a month now). A quick look online for this part turns up the same result. It is of such a convoluted design that I do not understand how Harman thought this was a good engineering design! Harman will not talk to a P offed customer, insisting that you go through their dealers. Has anyone returned a Harman product for a stove from another manufacturer?​

My dealer has said impeller 1-10-574500A is out of stock (for over a month now). A quick look online for this part turns up the same result. It is of such a convoluted design that I do not understand how Harman thought this was a good engineering design! Harman will not talk to a P offed customer, insisting that you go through their dealers. Has anyone returned a Harman product for a stove from another manufacturer?​

It appears to me that Earth Sense has these in stock. At least I was able to put one in a cart and go through the whole process right up to checkout. https://pellethead.com/product/harman-combustion-blower-fan-blade-tc-models-oem/

YMMV

Hugh

Wonder if there is a running design change with same part number , or superceded number with design change or no change at all...

I purchased my A43 in 2014 or 15. I love the stove and it's rustic look. I have not had any noise issues. Actually, the only issues was with the burn pot. I had the Gen 1 grate, which had a warping issue. I had the Gen 2 installed, which I currently have. I see no reason to upgrade to the Gen 3, unless I have some issues.