Harmon Accentra-2 posible circuit board issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MikeD04072

Nov 29, 2019
Saco, ME 04072 USA
name: [email protected]
Hello Admins & fellow members.
I look forward in participating in this forum. To give background , I own a Harmon Accentra-2 Pellet stove , purchased in January of 2005 ( SN: 9701) & is well self-maintained. Till now, I have had zero non-maintainence issues. For those that know this stove or similar , it’s a GREAT stove, and with general skills, common sense and a forum such as this... your investment should stand the test of time & serve you well.

Now my issue that alludes me, I pose to the group.

The primary issue is that that distribution motor does not come on, on its own will. It does power up on both speeds when power is jumped to motor directly.

In addition. to it not coming on, the corresponding LED does not light, nor is voltage for the motor ever sent from the appropriate pins on the circuit board - sigh. i can bypass distribution motor to on and have stove operate for five minutes by throwing handful of peels in tray , & manually igniting. I ‘think’ I know what the group may return with a solution base on the symptoms (get a new circuit board) - but with Christmas so close , a miricle may present itself. Thoughts? Thanks!!

Last edited:
What does it do in self test?

What does it do in self test?
from the test features on the panel, I ‘test auger’ (Runs ok). I Manually supplied voltage to other 2 motors and all worked. As mentioned though , voltage never sent to distribution motor under any circumstance or manually induced 5 minute operation by placing a handful of pellet in tray and manually get them hot & burning . At that point, all lights will light ( except combustion light & motor but others churn for no more than 5 minutes....as if the working motors don’t know how / when to function in operational mode . it ‘seems’ body parts ok but brain had a stroke. Thank you Jackman!

Last edited: