Harmon Accentra Insert Pellet Capacity Adjsutment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mrbgrant

Jan 25, 2018
massachusetts
I just have a quick question for the team, thanks in advance or any input. I am looking into a used Harmon Accentra insert. The issue that I am having is that most of the used ones that I am seeing have a pellet capacity of 57 pounds, which needs over 24 inches of clearance. My question is this, is there any way to remove the part number #1-90-00674 (57 pound extra capacity part) and reconfigure the stove back to the stoves 20 inch configuration. (my clearance is 22 inches).

Thanks
Mr Grant

I don't think so. The Harman Accentra Inserts were BUILT in 3 different sizes,
based on fireplace openings.
If there was an easy fix for adjustablility, I think Harman
would have sold one unit with optional adjustment kits.

All 3 are the same stove. The hopper can be replaced with a shorter one. But it dont look like they want you doing that. Not listed in the parts diagram.

thank you all for the quick response, I will just be patient and wait for the correct size to become available on the secondary market. I greatly appreciate the help.

V/r
Mr Grant

Reactions: DAKSY
I had the same issue when I was first looking for a used Accentra insert. I thought I would need to find a 20” hopper to fit in my fireplace opening, but after talking to a brick mason I was happy to learn that it wasn’t a big job to enlarge the opening to accommodate the 24” hopper, which is what I ended up doing.

I wanted to thank everyone for their input, it is funny I have been looking for an Accentra Insert all season, but I have always come up short because I am trying to find the size of the hopper and the sellers secondary market are just moving them so quickly. Today was my day. Based on the teams effort, I realized that I could fit any size hopper with a slight modification to my fireplace. I saw an older 2004 Accentra insert hit the market for very short money. I has some water (rust) damage from being in a chimney that most likely did not have a cap. but it looked superficial. I was able to scoop it right up.

Thanks again for everyone's assistance. I am sure I will start a new post when me and the boys start to refurbish this one.

Thanks again
Respectfully,
The Grant Family

Attachments

• harmon II.PNG
    harmon II.PNG
    505.5 KB · Views: 137
Nice! Patience and persistence pays off ;)