Harmon Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sc Lo

Nov 22, 2014
Connecticut
Hello All,

New to the forum. I bought a home with a Harmon Accentra Insert about 3 1/2 years ago. I love the stove it has worked great. The first year there was no issues. The second year I had to replace the igniter. Which was told happens. The 3rd year my stove was working great then for a couple night it was making a squealing noise that was super loud and annoying. I had a technician come out from a local company to look at it. He said that augur was bent and caused a hold in the burn pot. They gave me a quote from what it would cost to fix. The reason I received for this to happen is that the temperature setting and the feeder setting were to low causing the auger to jam and cut into the burn pot. I was told I could still use it but it should be fixed sooner than later. We are in the 4th year of using the stove now and I have still have not had it fixed yet. I email Harmon on two occasions to see if the stove or any of the part were under warranty because it was less than 5 years old. I have never received a response from them.

I just don't understand that they have recommended setting of 70 degrees and the feeder should be on 4. Which I am ok with until it gets really hot in the house and then I like to lower it. I was told never to lower once fixed because the same thing could happen. Below is the quote I received. It seems awful expensive for a stove being the 3rd of the price of a brand new one. More venting but does anyone have any recommendation.

By the way i am still sing the stove in its current condition. But now i think the auger motor is going this year it keeps getting clogged or just stops working.

HSC 1-00-677150 FEEDER BODY WELDMENT REPLACEMENT 1 $398.00
KIT
HSC 3-50-00465 FEEDER AUGER 1 $114.00
HSC 1-10-00675 BURN POT WELDMENT 1 $156.00
HSC 1-00-07381 BURNPOT/TAILPIPE SET (QTY 5) 0.4 $26.00

Parts Job 1: $678.40

LABOR DESCRIPTION HRS RATE AMOUNT TOTAL
GENLAB SERVICE LABOR/First Hour 1 $125.00 $125.00
GENLAB2 SERVICE LABOR/additional hours 2 $160.00 $160.00
Hours Job 1: 3 Labor Job 1: $285.00
Subtotal Job 1: $963.40

ORDER TOTAL: $1,024.58

Sorry no one got back to you but welcome to the forum. Wow, what a price tag... Took a look at the warranty. Fire pot is supposed to be covered for 3 years so it, at least, should have been covered by warranty. Did you pay for that service call and have a record of it?

Hello All,

New to the forum. I bought a home with a Harmon Accentra Insert about 3 1/2 years ago. I love the stove it has worked great. The first year there was no issues. The second year I had to replace the igniter. Which was told happens. The 3rd year my stove was working great then for a couple night it was making a squealing noise that was super loud and annoying. I had a technician come out from a local company to look at it. He said that augur was bent and caused a hold in the burn pot. They gave me a quote from what it would cost to fix. The reason I received for this to happen is that the temperature setting and the feeder setting were to low causing the auger to jam and cut into the burn pot. I was told I could still use it but it should be fixed sooner than later. We are in the 4th year of using the stove now and I have still have not had it fixed yet. I email Harmon on two occasions to see if the stove or any of the part were under warranty because it was less than 5 years old. I have never received a response from them.

I just don't understand that they have recommended setting of 70 degrees and the feeder should be on 4. Which I am ok with until it gets really hot in the house and then I like to lower it. I was told never to lower once fixed because the same thing could happen. Below is the quote I received. It seems awful expensive for a stove being the 3rd of the price of a brand new one. More venting but does anyone have any recommendation.

By the way i am still sing the stove in its current condition. But now i think the auger motor is going this year it keeps getting clogged or just stops working.

HSC 1-00-677150 FEEDER BODY WELDMENT REPLACEMENT 1 $398.00
KIT
HSC 3-50-00465 FEEDER AUGER 1 $114.00
HSC 1-10-00675 BURN POT WELDMENT 1 $156.00
HSC 1-00-07381 BURNPOT/TAILPIPE SET (QTY 5) 0.4 $26.00

Parts Job 1: $678.40

LABOR DESCRIPTION HRS RATE AMOUNT TOTAL
GENLAB SERVICE LABOR/First Hour 1 $125.00 $125.00
GENLAB2 SERVICE LABOR/additional hours 2 $160.00 $160.00
Hours Job 1: 3 Labor Job 1: $285.00
Subtotal Job 1: $963.40

ORDER TOTAL: $1,024.58
I think what the dealer told you about the cause is horse puckey. As far as warranty, I'd send a certified letter with signed delivery receipt requested stating your position and request to both Harman and the dealer. One caveat: The warranty may not be transferable.

I have a record of everything. I think i would have missed the burn pot warranty by a year then. The owner of the house never provided me with any receipts.

I agree the answer i received i thought was complete crap. But he showed me the hole and gave me that answer. For a product that is suppose one of the superior stoves on the market i would not expect that to happen and then if it did to get a price tag of over a $1000 to fix it.

I have a record of everything. I think i would have missed the burn pot warranty by a year then. The owner of the house never provided me with any receipts.

I agree the answer i received i thought was complete crap. But he showed me the hole and gave me that answer. For a product that is suppose one of the superior stoves on the market i would not expect that to happen and then if it did to get a price tag of over a $1000 to fix it.
As I said, time for a registered or certified letter OR try another dealer first. Been running my Accentra Insert going on six years. Only replaced igniter and room temp sensor. Did that myself. More than pleased with the quality.

Last edited:
When reading the warranty, I think it is only two years transferrable... page 33 http://hearthnhome.com/downloads/installManuals/Accentra.pdf

HHT warrants to the original owner of the HHT appliance at the site of installation, and to any transferee taking ownership
of the appliance at the site of installation within two years following the date of original purchase, that the HHT appliance
will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of manufacture. After installation, if covered components
manufactured by HHT are found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the applicable warranty period,
HHT will, at its option, repair or replace the covered components. HHT, at its own discretion, may fully discharge all of its
obligations under such warranties by replacing the product itself or refunding the verified purchase price of the product
itself. The maximum amount recoverable under this warranty is limited to the purchase price of the product. This warranty
is subject to conditions, exclusions and limitations as described below.

Status
Not open for further replies.