Harmon Accenture Overfeeding Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumhqa

Feb 6, 2013
Has anyone had the experience with a Harmon Accenture that will overfeed pellets? I have to turn the pellet feed setting to 2 in order to stop pellets from falling off the front of the burn pot.

When was the last time the entire exhaust system was cleaned?

Reactions: DAKSY
Welcome to the show, never with the stove you describe, but if you are talking about a HARMAN ACCENTRA ;), this problem generally occurs with a dirty stove. As john asked and I will also, when was your last cleaning performed?:cool:

Don't forget to clean that ESP, fines box, and igniter area while you are cleaning the rest of the system.

yea.....Accenture or Accenture Insert? Big difference in cleaning!

thanks all for the quick response...I did a cleaning of the entire exhaust, fines, flue, and esp a month ago...the Accenture is not the insert. I am wondering if it has to do with the control panel? I have not tried to clean the enterior of that component..mainly because I wouldn't have a clue how it is cleaned..

If the esp is clean it is possible that, you haven't adjusted the maximun feed rate as described in the manual, the esp and that wonderful esp dip switch on the control board don't agree (don't ask me how this could occur), the esp connection is loose, the esp is gone fluey (new technical term for gone bad) or the controller has issues (gone bad).

Reactions: Lumhqa
If the esp is clean it is possible that, you haven't adjusted the maximun feed rate as described in the manual, the esp and that wonderful esp dip switch on the control board don't agree (don't ask me how this could occur), the esp connection is loose, the esp is gone fluey (new technical term for gone bad) or the controller has issues (gone bad).

thanks Smokey the Bear...I will be cleaning the stove today and will check the connection on the esp. I have never checked for a loose esp connection...have you ever opened the control panel?

thanks Smokey the Bear...I will be cleaning the stove today and will check the connection on the esp. I have never checked for a loose esp connection...have you ever opened the control panel?

I don't have a Harman and I only work on my bucket of parts stove so I haven't had a chance to play with a Harman control board.

Status
Not open for further replies.