Harmon Advance board with no dip switches

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mara

Oct 13, 2023
Manitoulin
Switching out the ESP on an older Harmon Advance. I was given a red wire ESP and told there would be a dip switch I could adjust.
I popped the board out. There is no dip switch.
Has anyone heard of this kind of board? Is there a work around?
Kind of remote, and our store does not have a black wire ESP.
Thanks. I appreciate your time.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Can you pls post a photo of your board front and back?

Thanks. I appreciate your time. Just getting to this.
IMG_8793.jpeg
IMG_8787.jpeg

Hello
I have seen these older boards. Each board was made for only the model stove it came in. Then like other stove manufacturers they started making one board for different models. Some manufacturers put jumper pins in for different models and some manufacturers put a software setup for different models and Harman put in Dip switches. Therefore you can only use a black ESP probe on the older boards. The new boards have Dip switch # 5 to set it for either the older black wire probe or the new digital red wire probe.
Hope this helps

Really appreciate the clarity. For future reference, do you know if it possible to update the control board to the newer, universal board if needed?
Thanks again.

This board should work

Reactions: ABusWrench
Really appreciate the clarity. For future reference, do you know if it possible to update the control board to the newer, universal board if needed?
Thanks again.
No That board cannot be updated.

Reactions: Washed-Up
"Really appreciate the clarity. For future reference, do you know if it possible to update the control board to the newer, universal board if needed?
Thanks again."

The old BOARD can't be updated but a new updated board should work in your stove.