Harmon coal stove ash pans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

susquehannaretriever

Hearth Supporter
Nov 6, 2007
Muncy, PA
I have a question as a newbie to the forums and to using a coal burner. I purchased a used Harmon magnum coal stoker stove and have used it for 1 season. It works great. However, the ash pan that came with it is rusting and rotting thru and I need a new one. I would like to have a couple so I can empty them and still have an extra 1 or 2 to immediately replace it in the stove. I priced them out at the local dealer and they want $52. per. I then looked at having someone make them for me; he quoted me $52.50 for each, based on having 6 made. Anyone have any suggestions as to substitutes for ash pans? I hate to spend this much for something that is going to catch coal ashes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

have you tried calling different dealers in your area for pricing? I would venture to say that the ash pan that Harman makes is going to be your best option.

Why not take it to a sheet metal shop if you can't weld, weld one up if you can. I the beginnings of a tad of surface rust on the pan of my countrysiode each year and just scuff it off with an angle grinder and paint it with hi temp paint. If you take the one into a shop have them fab up one like it using heavier metal as it will last a lot LONGER if its thicker. Sheet metal is pretty cheap and it if you look around you can likely find some heavy stuff from the back of old household appliance. Don't be afraid to double up the bottom section either if its narrow. After all its just a simple slide in pan, not the nozzle for yer grandma's old F-4 Phantom Jet. I was lookin at mine last night thinking about possibly welding some to fit the Countryside up and selling them on Ebay. I can't imagine what AEI gets for them but I bet its a lot and you know Harmon is gonna cost like an air force #400 hammer. No rocket science to it and without any effort you can make one far superior to anything any manufacturer makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.