Harmon invincible insert behavior

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kurtzoe

Dec 22, 2017
CT
Stove is burning differently this season. Ash is blacker (was grey historically) and I get a fair bit of carbon buildup on the sides of the burn pot. The burn is closer to the back of the burn pot versus in the past. After steady burning the back of the pot can fill slightly lifting the flame deflector and allowing wisps of flame to escape from underneath it. Pellets feed fine and the flame persists so I’m obviously feeding pellets. Any suggestions on why the stoves operation may have changed. Thanks in advance.

Those symptoms sound to me like you have an air blockage. Combustion air or in the venting.
Are those passageways clear?