harmon P- 43 totally dead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mr meener

Aug 11, 2017
NY, USA
went to start the P-43 for the first time this year absolutely no power at all. checked the control board fuse it was good put in another one still dead. is there a reset button on it somewhere?

Stupid questions, but cheap fixes if any are applicable:
  • Is it plugged in?
  • Is the outlet that it is plugged into active (if a gfi outlet on the same run went off, then you need to rest it).
  • Is it on a UPS that is turned on (and actually delivering current)?
I don't think there is any reset button on the P43, I'm pretty sure a rest is only accomplished by unplugging and plugging back in.

all of us have made dumb mistakes like forgetting to plug it in or the outlet is dead lol. I checked all that then getting under the back with a flashlight I saw the multi prong plug was half out of the control panel. when I opened the box to clean the fines I must have caused it to come out. it is working now. you are correct about unplugging the unit to reset it. thanks for the response

all of us have made dumb mistakes like forgetting to plug it in or the outlet is dead lol. I checked all that then getting under the back with a flashlight I saw the multi prong plug was half out of the control panel. when I opened the box to clean the fines I must have caused it to come out. it is working now. you are correct about unplugging the unit to reset it. thanks for the response
It's always great when it is something easy and FREE to fix! I've done stupid stuff plenty of times. That would be why I usually advise checking the stupid stuff first ;). Didn't think about any plugs into the control panel though. Now whenever I clean the fines box out I'll be thinking of it.

It's always great when it is something easy and FREE to fix! I've done stupid stuff plenty of times. That would be why I usually advise checking the stupid stuff first ;). Didn't think about any plugs into the control panel though. Now whenever I clean the fines box out I'll be thinking of it.
yes when you clean the fine box take a look at that plug and make sure it is all the way in when you are done cause I will be doing it from now on lol