Harmon p38 low flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mxracerx199

Nov 8, 2019
New york
My Harmon p38 stove has a low flame. The flame is burning in the bottom of the pot almost near the auger. Has anyone ran into this issue before? Thanks

With stove off, put into test mode to see if auger is pushing pellets the way it should. I f there is something in the vottom of the hopper blocking the pellets flow it will not allow enough pellets to feed causing low fire.

Has the stove been OK in the past? What settings are you using?
Make sure the hopper and ash doors are fully closed.

Had this on a p43 the other day. Opened the feeder up and pulled the auger and removed the pencil that a kid had stabbed into a bag of pellets and it fed great afterwards

That is interesting, I got a P-68 that will not build a big fire, seems to be running on about 20% potential and will do no more. I have done literally everything !! but I have not run it empty and looked at the auger. it pushes a very normal amount of pellets on start up but once it lights it seems to go into limp mode at the 20% of max as stated above. I think normal startup eliminates the pencil trick but I am outta other ideas.

I’m thinking about changing the esp and going from there. Stove has worked well in the past. Did notice at the end of last season that it wasn’t buring correctly but I just thought it was the pellets which I wasn’t a fan of.