Harmon P61 Manual light pellet stove advice please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird77

Feeling the Heat
Jul 4, 2007
Hallstead Pa.
Hi Im new to this so I ask for your patientience.
Only in the high 40s here in Pa. so its not that cold out yet. We have a newer mobil home pretty well insulated with a new harmon manual light p61. I have the room probe up to the left of the stove and about 5 feet up on inside wall. I have the stove set on room temp, blower as low as itll go and the auger feed on 1. The room is actually about 10 degrees warmer then the temp setting I have on the stove, not that Im complaing Im warm, but my question is the auger seems to run an awfully lot being set only on 1. It comes on about every 30 seconds or so. Is this normal, or should I be dong something different? I just dont want to waste pellets and it seems like it goes through a lot of them especially being set so low. Im burning Armstrong premium softwood pellets from the dealer. Id appreciate any advice on how to operate this in the most efficient manner and any advice you can offer on my questions. Thank you in advance. Doug in Pa.

Well in comparison, usually when I am working on the Quad pellet units I am testing them on the highest setting. I noticed the auger usually run about every 3 seconds for about 1-2 seconds. Running every 30 seconds seems like it would be low. How does the fire look? That's the best way to tell, if the fire is right on the verge of going out but still keep burning then you would not want it to be any lower.

You might want to try relocating the room sensor. If it's reading cooler air temperatures at it's present location, outside wall, drafty window or doorway, etc. it will try to satisfy the temperature setpoint on the stove based on the air temperature at the end of the room sensor (grey wire plugged into the back of the stove).

Ive been paying closer attention to this and the auger comes on exactly once every minute for the same time duration, apx. 4 to 5 secs. Seems like its the same no matter if the feed is on 2 or on 4 or 5. Does this seem right? I also do not notice any variation in blower speed, should I? I know some of you have mentioned the blower varying. I have the manual monel, no auto ignite. Can anyone PLEASE tell me how this auger is supposed to work? Even if I have the temp setting on 70 or say, 80 degrees the feed stays the same. Im now running on room temp with the probe about 4 feet up to the left of the stove on an inside wall. House is well insulated. Please, any help most appreciated. Thank you, Doug

P.S. Hey Corie, hope you dont think Im impatient, well I guess I am, just thought Id put some feelers out there while waiting for your input. Take care, Doug

could be either in maintenance burn that is just keeping the fire going. Flames low in burnpot. and room is up to set point.
or since you are on a setting of 1 for the feed thet means the auger will run for 10 seconds out of every minute...

Try turning the room temp up next time and see if the auger runs longer... It should

Status
Not open for further replies.