Has anyone tested a convection blower motor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are so sweet! I live in Kuna, Idaho. It is actually right near Boise so I shouldn't act like such a hick in the Boonies. That Idaho falls place is a nice town but 6 hours away ; ) It is a helpful link though for me to google similar places here.....

......good luck Kelly.... remember I seen caps for that unit at around $100 but you should be able to get one for half that at a motor place.... also .. if costs get out of hand, the whole fan unit was $160..... so keep that in mind.... let us know how you make out with the repairs ..... cc ;-)

Try L&K Electric on Chinden, 3100 block as I remember. They have a motor shop and sell replacements. If they can't get you a motor I think there is a Jonhstone Supply somewhere and they will likely have a replacement, or WWGraingers.

Kuna, I thought you were in a small town like Stanley, three hundred miles from the rest of the world in the Winter.

Thanks little smokey, yeah I was being kind of a baby there for a minute. Kuna is really close to the big city. Imagine I could have been living someplace like Wolverine, Bonners Ferry, or Salmon!!

I was just so sad without the pellet stove. When I called the current bf to let him know of my trouble, he recommended calling the gas company to have my furnace turned back on. To quote the Princess Bride "DEATH FIRST!!!!!" I spent so much on that dang thing, and over 120 dollar a month gas bill to never get my house even warm. Now for 500 bucks I can be a "pellet hog" and sit in front of a warm fire from October to April in my little old house.

Now it is running, with some clicking. I'm hoping and praying it just needs the oil but I will keep an eye on it.

I wish I could reach out and hug you guys. If it wasn't for the words of encouragement and advise I wouldn't have tried again. Also the troubleshooting guides are so helpful. I have a feeling that the gas furnace users don't have a site or camraderie like this ; ) AND on THANKSGIVING DAY to boot. ...thank you thank you. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.