Has Empyre disappeared?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duraleigh

Dec 24, 2008
Central NC
First, I am so pleased to have found this forum. I have lots of questions but I'll continue to search the forum as I'm sure these questions have been posted before.

Three years ago, I purchased an Empyre 250 Stainless Steel wood burner from "Burns Best". They have since gone out of business. I have been unable to find adequate support since. Are they no longer sold in the US? Does anyone have insight into this?

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, the Profab website refers you to Greenwood and it's looks like they're now marketed, albeit different products, thru Greenwood.

The empyrestove.com link is new to me. I called it and got an answering machine so will wait for a return call. His website indicates they still sell the older models (like mine) but I have a feeling his site may not be completely current....I'll post back as soon as we communicate and I'll let you know what I find......Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.