Having trouble igniting in Quadrafire Castile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FionaR

Oct 11, 2019
Massachusetts
We have 3 of these in our new home. We ignited 1 without a problem. The second one isn't working. The call light comes on, the fuel dispenses properly into the pot, the fan turns on, the igniter turns bright red, but no fire results from our efforts.

I saw this similar thread: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/quadrafire-castile-stove-not-igniting.151135/

We plan to start trying to clean but have no idea what or where. The drawer at the bottom is clean. I can't see anything blocking but I'm not sure where to look either. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Edit:
We found a cleaning video and have cleaned out the main chamber. The fire pot had almost no debris at all (certainly no "clinkers" as they showed them) and the surrounding area just had a little ash. We removed it but that has not solved the problem.

Last edited:
Check the gap for the bottom plate for the burn pot. It should be about the thickness of a dime. Also check the hole in the burn pot. Make sure that they are clear, especially the ones towards the bottom of the pot. It sounds like you are not getting enough air flow across the igniter to light the pellets.

Reactions: FionaR
there are several holes around the sides of the burn pot, as well as the ones on the bottom like former farmer mentioned..

Reactions: FionaR
Glad that you got it going. Most problems can be cured by giving the stove a good cleaning. Being a beginner at this, you will learn over time how often and what needs to be cleaned the most. It will vary by how much ash your pellets have and by how many bags you are burning.