Having trouble with regency gci 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy521

Oct 20, 2014
ct
Hi I'm having an issue with my regency gci60 pellet stove. at the end of last season it was working fine but now when I go to start it the number 2 light flashes and the blower comes on high. Any help would be appreciated.

tom

Hi I'm having an issue with my regency gci60 pellet stove. at the end of last season it was working fine but now when I go to start it the number 2 light flashes and the blower comes on high. Any help would be appreciated.

tom

Tommy, I'm having the same issue with my GCI60 this year. Exactly as you described. I bypassed the vacuum switch and jumped the two grey wires together and the stove runs. Naturally, I replaced the vacuum switch as this seemed the culprit but it didn't fix the problem. Did you ever find a solution with yours? Anyone else?

How old is the stove? Bad gaskets can leak and vacuum switch will not be satisfied and shut stove down if it even allows it to try and start. Common problem on stoves over five years old. Short term fix is to take a pliers and squeeze the door gasket to plump it up.

How old is the stove? Bad gaskets can leak and vacuum switch will not be satisfied and shut stove down if it even allows it to try and start. Common problem on stoves over five years old. Short term fix is to take a pliers and squeeze the door gasket to plump it up.
Update after a long night of diagnosis: Vacuum switch needs to be satisfied immediately (EG: as soon as the unit is turned on). Found the exhaust fan was sticking. Definitely need to make sure this spins freely by hand after sitting for 6 months.

Diagnosis was ensuring vacuum switch was seeing a closed circuit using a vacuum pump and DMM (switch is open until vacuum is applied from exhaust fan). Checking all wiring from switch to the motherboard. Checking contacts and terminals on the mother board. Pulling vacuum on the tubing from the switch to the burn chamber.

Convection fan turns on at full speed with flashing # 2 light warning as a precautionary measure to cool the unit. Problem seemed like an electrical issue as the flashing warning light comes on immediately after turning on the unit but again, vacuum switch must be satisfied immediately via exhaust fan and a clean exhaust. Hope this helps others, not a lot of support on this warning.

tom
I fixed the same problem today. As the other gents mention, its either due to the vacuum switch or tube. For me, it was the tube. I took it off and blew in it to make sure it was clear. I also took a paper clip and stuck it in both nipples to make sure they were clear. Once I did that, she fired up with no #2 blinking. Hope this helps!

It called ash in the works and why you need to really do a proper cleaning of the stove.

There are thousands of threads on here that end with a proper cleaning solving the issue. It is rare for a vacuum switch to fail. A flashing #2 light is an almost 100% indicator of ash in the works, ash in the works amounts to over 85% of the problems with pellet stoves.

If your exhaust/combustion fan does not come up to speed when the stove starts up, look for ash.

If the stove has a glowing igniter but doesn't light the pellets look for ash.

If the stove develops a lazy burn look for ash.

If the pellets pile up in the burn pot look for ash.

In short ash leads to air flow issues and air flow is the game, in fact if ignored it can lead to major losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.