New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) HD Dartmouth, MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrr211

Aug 24, 2013
Massachusetts
Hi all,

Just an FYI, Visited the Dartmouth HD today and they had both Stove Chows and Fireside Ultras in stock. Since I already have a ton of Chows and had good results with FSU's last year, I grabbed 10 bags of the FSU's.
$5.19/bag.

I also saw pellets in stock at the HD in Somerset, but they were Nation's Choice( My Quad doesn't like them), and Lowe's in Wareham Green Supreme.

I'm thinking that people are starting to back off of buying them due to the lower cost of oil and price increase on pellets. A month or two ago finding pellets at 3 big box stores in the same week was impossible around here.

Let's hope the stores smarten up, if the price was lower I prob would have bought a 1/2ton - ton today even though I have my supply for the season.

Thanks for your post. I think you have to grab them when you can find them, especially during the heating season. Temps are due to plummet and when the do, your burn rate will increase significantly. I'm burning less than a bag a day right now. Nobody talking about how warm it has been so far this season, and it will continue to the end of this month. People being lulled into complacency and then WHAM-MO! The big freeze is on. I grabbed three tons of pellets in September and really wanted to add the 4th ton. Friend tipped me off about some "overlooked" tons of Somersets sitting barely hidden last week in a pellet yard and we swooped down like a couple of hawks on a rabbit. Yes, they cost us $40 more than the other three tons but WTF? If you don't take 'em while you can, some other idiot will beat you to 'em.

There is a glut developing in many places. Four box type stores within 20 miles of each other had 500 tons for sale when I checked last week and three of the four had more on order that they were expecting.

I'll agree with Peterfield. Plenty to be had at all the box stores in Northern MA and Southern NH. HDs are carrying Maine Wood Pellets for their hardwoods and AWF Super Duper Premium White pine for softies. $249 and $269 per ton respectively. Lowes is choking on Green Supremes. TSC has Nations Choice $249, Freedom Fuel $239, and the non ultra super duper premium AWF(not the white pine) for $239 per ton.

Hi all,

Just an FYI, Visited the Dartmouth HD today and they had both Stove Chows and Fireside Ultras in stock. Since I already have a ton of Chows and had good results with FSU's last year, I grabbed 10 bags of the FSU's.
$5.19/bag.

I also saw pellets in stock at the HD in Somerset, but they were Nation's Choice( My Quad doesn't like them), and Lowe's in Wareham Green Supreme.

I'm thinking that people are starting to back off of buying them due to the lower cost of oil and price increase on pellets. A month or two ago finding pellets at 3 big box stores in the same week was impossible around here.

Let's hope the stores smarten up, if the price was lower I prob would have bought a 1/2ton - ton today even though I have my supply for the season.
Try Pellets R Us in Berkley. They have Okanagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.