HE gas boiler?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burnham

Oct 19, 2007
central massachusetts
I'm thinking of replacing my boiler and water heater. I have a gas, forced hot water boiler that's at least 20 years old, and a 60 gallon electric water heater right next to it. I'm removing my electric dryer in a couple weeks and installing a gas line and gas dryer, so while the plumber's here I might have him install a new boiler. I've been looking at high efficiency wall mounted boilers, but know nothing much about them. My thought is the current boiler isn't going to last forever, I'm hoping to qualify for a $1600 Massave rebate, and spend a little less on gas when everything is done. In doing this, I would also be able to run my whole house with the generator I have, instead of not using the water heater or dryer. (I can monitor the electric load, but if it's just my wife at home she will not).

Have any of you guys installed a combination domestic water heater/boiler like this? I've seen plenty of on demand wall-mounted water heaters, but never one that does both. If it works out, I'd be saving a lot of space in my basement, which means I'll need to import more junk. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.