Heads up! Canadian Softwood Pellets Closeouts at Pellets Direct for good price.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
j-takeman said:
oldmountvernon said:
Just for the record they wouldnt say what brand pellets they are this time or even if they were the same . They get deals on pellets " all kinds " I'm not going to say how i respect the fact that he told me.

I think I know, But will respect your decision to not say!

A hint would be squires sale last season. ;-)

If that hint is what I think it is......I'll purchase a few tons! ;-)

IHATEPROPANE said:
Salty said:
what town you in

IHATEPROPANE said:
I need a truck......bad

I live in Oxford about 20 minutes from Pelletsdirect.....I can fit half a ton in my Jeep but that does not help when you need to buy a ton at a time.

Take half and tell them you're coming back for the other half. I've done that before. Took half and came back a week later for the other half. I'm sure they'll be fine if you can do it in the same day, even if it's on blow out sale stuff. Seriously, Kevin and his wife are extremely nice. Just ask them.

j-takeman said:
oldmountvernon said:
Just for the record they wouldnt say what brand pellets they are this time or even if they were the same . They get deals on pellets " all kinds " I'm not going to say how i respect the fact that he told me.

Is there a better hint for the newbies? I have no idea what squires had on sale last year. If it's something decent at a great price, I need to make room in my house for more pellets!

Branson4720 said:
j-takeman said:
oldmountvernon said:

If that hint is what I think it is......I'll purchase a few tons! ;-)

Looks to be, But like Squires. Its too far for me to be worth getting in on the deal. Sure hope a dealer near me gets a deal like this one day!

hotdawg said:
IHATEPROPANE said:
Salty said:
what town you in

IHATEPROPANE said:
I need a truck......bad

I live in Oxford about 20 minutes from Pelletsdirect.....I can fit half a ton in my Jeep but that does not help when you need to buy a ton at a time.

Take half and tell them you're coming back for the other half. I've done that before. Took half and came back a week later for the other half. I'm sure they'll be fine if you can do it in the same day, even if it's on blow out sale stuff. Seriously, Kevin and his wife are extremely nice. Just ask them.

I will try and swing by this Saturday...at $150 it will be worth my trouble. I have bougth from there before. Bought a few bags of everything they had laast year as I was learning about my stove. Agree nice people.

oldmountvernon said:
he's mad at me J i didnt give him the vids of my wife.. I couldnt do it,she dont even know the cam is in there :)

Haha, I thought u missed that post. Ya did good ignoring me.

I got scolded by J. I'm just a guy. Lol.

Seriously tho I'm burning Pinnacle spinoffs, never have any probs.

But the first thing I would try is the utility setting if u think ur burn is dirty.

Later

OMV if you get yourself in the dog house? You can store your pellets at my place! Free of charge(for a little while then 10% per day after the first month). ;-)

Hello pellet stove friends. I went to Uxbridge and got a ton of the 150.00 pellets. They are TREBIO made in quebec. I wll let you guys know how they are. but for 150 bucks I could not resist.

jim3854 said:
Hello pellet stove friends. I went to Uxbridge and got a ton of the 150.00 pellets. They are TREBIO made in quebec. I wll let you guys know how they are. but for 150 bucks I could not resist.

Hmm. So they still have some? It might be worth renting the Home Depot truck and taking a ride up there this weekend. I don't have a way to pick them up but even if the truck rental is $40/$50 it would still be worth it for the $150 price tag.

The people who have bought these - are you still happy with them?

Md2002 said:

Got them elsewhere, but yes I am happy with them. For the money (and especially that blowout price) I'd say it's a good buy. Pros: good heat, no clinkers, and very little dust when I empty a bag into the stove. Cons: ash, fines (no prob in my stove, but definitely noticeable at the bottom of the bag). They also smell nice.

Krik said:
Md2002 said:

Got them elsewhere, but yes I am happy with them. For the money (and especially that blowout price) I'd say it's a good buy. Pros: good heat, no clinkers, and very little dust when I empty a bag into the stove. Cons: ash, fines (no prob in my stove, but definitely noticeable at the bottom of the bag). They also smell nice.

If I do head up there to pick some up I will probably be mixing them in the hopper with the Le Crete's I'm having delivered tomorrow.

Worst pellet I ever used. About 100x worse than Infernos. Stay away. Very far away. Clinkers the size of school buses, ash piles over my roof. My house got colder when I tried to burn them. Stove spit them back out of the hopper.

There....that ought to keep em away long enough to go get another few tons :cheese:

Salty said:
Worst pellet I ever used. About 100x worse than Infernos. Stay away. Very far away. Clinkers the size of school buses, ash piles over my roof. My house got colder when I tried to burn them. Stove spit them back out of the hopper.

There....that ought to keep em away long enough to go get another few tons :cheese:

Wow, I almost bought it. But then I though about it(before I read the bottom) and said salty and OMV have plans to buy the whole lot of em!

Couple of ornery pigs! :shut: hehe

oldmountvernon said:
lmao Salty you had me too i was like WTF i just got done wraping all of mine outside now its a praying game they dont get wet what i will burn this tear still in the garage

If your going be sure to call first, i hit em hard again today

Here comes the Calvary! http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=6tigiw&s=5

JEEZE 6 more tons? Jealous!

mepellet said:
oldmountvernon said:
lmao Salty you had me too i was like WTF i just got done wraping all of mine outside now its a praying game they dont get wet what i will burn this tear still in the garage

JEEZE 6 more tons? Jealous!

Can you believe him? Like a freakin convoy of trucks none stop from PD to his house as long as PD is open for business! He's taking "pig" to a whole new level! Wonder what runs out first, Space or Ca$h?

Damn, Save some for us dude! :cheese:

I burnt them all night house was warm ash was little more than usual. Heat was good. This weekend should be a good test as its supposed to get cold in Rhode island. I figure if I have to clean it a few more times big deal. AND I have used INFERNOs DO NOT COMPARE TO THOSE PIECE OF CRAP PELLETS to these.

oldmountvernon said:
lmao Salty you had me too i was like WTF i just got done wraping all of mine outside now its a praying game they dont get wet what i will burn this year still in the garage

Impressive!! That's what is called being down with the sickness!! Why not go for more?

OMV I saw 2 on the first truck, 2 on the second and 2 on the trailer. Can't make out if they have others side by side. So your saying 8 tons per load??

Nice toys by the way! ;-)

omv i wanna know wtf you do for work?

print money?

pellet gigolo?

LOL

Salty said:
omv i wanna know wtf you do for work?

print money?

pellet gigolo?

LOL

oldmountvernon said:
Asphalt paving/sealcoating contractor going on 20 years in business. treat your customers right, shrug at the economy :) . A happy customer stays loyal.

your welcome.

yep I never met a asphalt guy who drove crappy looking trucks

I probably know you omv :)

Status
Not open for further replies.