Hearth classics question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwhite

Minister of Fire
Nov 8, 2011
North Central Idaho
I will using a hearth classics corner hearth for my install of a BK princess. The website stated that if the stove is under 450 lbs the hearth can be installed over carpet. The princess comes in at 430 lbs. Do you think they consider the weight of a full load of wood? I have access under the floor that I could run some screws around the outer edge to prevent any bowing. Trying to avoid having to cut the carpet but will if needed.

I will using a hearth classics corner hearth for my install of a BK princess. The website stated that if the stove is under 450 lbs the hearth can be installed over carpet. The princess comes in at 430 lbs. Do you think they consider the weight of a full load of wood? I have access under the floor that I could run some screws around the outer edge to prevent any bowing. Trying to avoid having to cut the carpet but will if needed.
That would be a question for the manufacturer of the pad. Seems that the thickness of carpet would be just as important as the stove weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.