Hearth Extension Ideas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orenn89

Dec 14, 2014
Central Ct
I installed my hampton HI300 over the weekend and need about 9 inches more of an extension. If i am interpreting the manual correctly because the stove is over 3.5 inches high, i dont need anything with any specific R value, just something that will prevent sparks. I would like to build something that is removable but will not damage the hardwood floors underneath as we would like to remove it during the summer months. I was thinking of making a box out of oak trim and laying a few rows of bricks or tiles, but how would i protect my floor underneath? I dont like the idea of the mat as i have a lab that would think its a great chew toy to run around the house with. Anyone have any other neat suggestions? Picture below.

Attachments

• 20150921_205951.jpg
    20150921_205951.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 151
I like the idea, that link from amazon is similar to what i was thinking too. Do you think the felt cushions or nylon chair cushions would allow the pad to slide?

Weight should keep it from going too far... nylon ones might leave marks on the wood due to that fact though. Didn't think it through well enough;em

Possible to add some kind of anchor point on each side - either in wood or mortar? Small enough not to mess up either too bad but enough to keep it in place...

Status
Not open for further replies.