Hearth options for Osborn 2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT
I have free standing Osborn 2400 in a basement. It’s on a concrete floor. I plan to install laminate floor. Is it ok to put laminate flooring all the way to the stove and than put hearth pad over it.
Looking for easiest way. Doesn’t want to deal with finishing tile etc.

F1F27AF6-5DD7-433F-945D-97219D5CFE82.jpeg

Was that a masonry fireplace? Not that it matter really but you will want to use a reducer on the exposed edge of the laminate to get a finished look. If you are doing that you might as well make a / the space for the hearth pad to go directly on the concrete. If you followed floor protection dimensions in many you wouldn’t even need a pad. One could finish it with tile later.

If all the stove needs is ember protection your plan makes the most sense and is the easiest. It’s not hard to cut the laminate. I really am liking my cheap LVP in the basement. Neve have to worry about water damage to it.