hearth pad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart

Mar 10, 2006
Bethany Ct
got my stove all set heat is awsome i had a installer(friend i like to do things my self )come out to double check my work everything was fine, BUT i need to put something in front of insert something fire proof 6" out on floor i went to a stone place and bought a piece of blue slate 10x30 to place in front of it ,rest it on floor.. ,do i need to put trim around it or leave it the way it is?????

That would be totally up to you, the code is for a non cumbustable surface to extend "x" amount of inches infront of the glass. The trim would be optional.

some nice trim might save some toe stubbing.

Then your fine. Trim like Mountain Stove Guy said is up to you. I was just asking about the R or K value because if it did specify one typically a piece of stone is not sufficient at a reasonable thickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.