Hearth ready for stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RSNovi

Feeling the Heat
May 12, 2010
Michigan
Hello All,

The new house is getting nearer to completion. They just finished the stone wall that is behind the wood stove. I thought I would share with you. Outside air kit piping sticking up through the floor.

A Jotul F500 is going on the hearth in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_8144.JPG
    IMG_8144.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 262
Is that ceramic directly on hardibacker on plywood subfloor?

Yes that is the case.

I couldnt find any specs on floor protection requirements for that stove. Are you going to use a type 2 floor pad also? Maybe your stove is only ember I dont know.

That stove is ember protection. It comes with a bottom heat shield I believe.

Then its looking great! Very nice.

That looks like a really nice start. You must be really excited and maybe a little stressed with the move coming up. How many sq ft will the F500 be heating this time?

Thanks all. The new house is coming along nicely. My current house we had an offer which fell through so it is back on the market. That is causing some stress.

The new house will be a total of 2950 square feet. The downstairs is 2000 square feet. The stove will be in a 400 square ft room, but the floor plan is pretty open. I think total open space will be around 1600 square feet.